Jeera Aloo is an extremely simple dish made with boiled potato cubes tempered with cumin seeds, onions, green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric, cumin seeds give it a slightly nutty flavour to the dish.
This is recipe follows the dhaba style cooking. This recipe requires the potato to be boiled in advance and kept.
This can complement/go along with any main dish. Let’s understand the basic ingredients for this dish:
Preparation Time: 35 mins, Cooking Time: 15 mins, Total Time: 50 mins
- Aloo/Potatoes: 2 no’s
- (Boiled and peeled and diced into small cubes)
- Jeera: 1 tsp
- Green Chilli: 2 no’s
- Oil for frying
- Turmeric: ½ tsp
- Salt as required
- Pre-boil the aloo in pressure cooker for three whistles, put some salt at this stage. After its cooled down peel and cut the potato into small cubes.
- Take wide pan and bring oil to heat, put jeera, green chillies, onion, turmeric and toss it for some time. So that all the ingredients mix with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt as required, taste it and adjust the salt as required.
- Allow it to cool and enjoy it with chapati, dal rice or pulka.
We have showcased this recipe along with the North Indian Thali.