Billa Kudumulu (Rice Rava Tikkis)
This is age old recipe from my mom’s kitchen, she has made this on many occasions and have relished it. Now making this to my family. On Sunday morning with my daughter awake even though the recipe is pretty simple and straight forward its time consuming making them and frying them. But with my daughters help :-)…..this was much faster….! This is normally had with onion chutney but I prepared the normal coconut chutney.
The out come is pretty awesome and one should try this out once…!
Prep Time: 45 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Serves: 4
1 cup Rice Rava /Biyyapu rava
3 cups Water
2 tsp oil
Salt to taste
- Slightly roast rice rava until you could smell the aroma of it or one see it changing to golden color. Cool it completely.
- Bring water to a boil and add salt and oil to it,Once it starts boiling add roasted rava to it and keep on stirring it until it gets cooked and forms a nice lump.
- Now turn off the flame. Let the mixture cool for a while (not completely) until you can handle the mixture with your hand.
- Grease your hands with little oil and take some mixture and make it into a smooth round and flatten to 1/2 inch thickness like a round or oval patties and give a nice shape pressing at the edges.(Please refer to the above picture) do follow the same procedure to prepare the remaining ones.
- Now on a tawa pour oil (on a medium flame) and place the prepared tikki’s on it and shallow fry both sides on medium flame applying oil on both sides until golden brown and is a bit time consuming as it takes more time to get browned on both sides on low please be patient at this should be roasted in such a way that when you try to tear it apart a piece should split into two parts.
Serve it hot with Onion Chutney or Coconut Chutney.
Note: Rice rava can be prepared at home and also be brought in store too.