Poha Cutlet Sandwich (Poha – Beaten rice)
Beaten rice (poha) cutlet. These yummy cutlets are packed with the richness of iron ! Addition of lemon juice also helps in absorption of iron.
Poha cutlet recipe is an easy to make all time favorite snack of mine. Poha is one of my favorite ingredients that we largely depend up on for quickpoha cutlets recipe will be a great breakfast for toddlers and kids. But will be great with even with adults….believe me after I made these for my wife and kid, they loved it. ‘It’s very yummy ‘ was the immediate reaction by my daughter.
This is a two stage recipe i.e. first make the cutlets and then use them as stuffing for sandwich. Cutlets can also be had as stand alone snack for tea time.
Preparation Time: 30 mins I Cooking Time: 15 mins I Makes 10 to 12 cutlets
- 2 Cups of Poha
- 2 Potatoes boiled and peeled
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup paneer/peanut powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
For Shallow frying:
- 5 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- Bread crumbs
- Paste made of Maida and water
- Soak poha in water, drain the remaining water and and keep it aside for 5 tgo 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in bowl smash the boiled and peeled potatoes, add in the green chilies, dry masalas, chopped fresh coriander, crumbled paneer or peanuts grinded into powder and salt. Mix them thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice and taste and adjust the salt at this stage.
- Now make the patties out of these dough and dip each patties in the madia paste and then roll them in bread crumbs taken in flat plate.
- Put the patties in frying pan to shallow frying them. Flip to the other side as it get brown and crisper on one side.
Your Poha Cutlets are ready, one can have them just like that with tomato ketchup
Poha Cutlet Sandwich:
Preparation Time: 35 mins I Cooking Time: 25 mins I Makes 4 to 5 sandwiches
- Poha Cutlets
- Bread (Brown/White as per choice)
- Onion sliced thinly
- Cucumber sliced thinly
- Cheese slice (Opitonal)
- White Sesame seeds for garnish
- Butter both sides of the bread and place the vegetables on one bread slice and place the cutlets on the veggies.
- Place the cheese slice and sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste/required.
- Place the other slice and butter the top of the bread slice and put some sesame seeds and press it with a butter knife.
- Keep it in the sandwich toaster and grill it for couple of minutes/until the both sides are toasted and crisp.
Poha cutlet sandwich is ready to go………..:-)