Curd Rice/Yogurt Rice/ Thayir Saadam
Yoghurt or curd can be a part of healthy balanced diet and it doesn’t make one gain fat. Curd is rich in calcium, protein and provides one with Probiotics (healthy bacteria) which aid in keep our gut microbiome or flora healthy.
Health Benefits of Curd/Yogurt:
- It helps to lose weight and belly fats. It helps to regulate digestion or strengthen body immune system
- Yogurt vitamins helps to maintain the red blood cells which helps to keep your nervous system healthy. It helps in high blood pressure and control body BP level.
Let’s see how to make this delicious and healthy curd rice for lunch or dinner.
- Rice: 1 ½ Cup (Cooked and Drained)
- Curd: ½ cup
- Coriander: A bunch (washed and diced)
- Milk: ¼ cup
- Ginger: ½ Inch Piece /Finely Chopped
- Salt as required
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Jeera: 1 tsp
- Urad dal: ½ tsp
- Channa Dal: ½ tsp
- Red Chilles: 2 nos
- Curry Leaves: 1 sprig
- Oil for frying
- Rice should be boiled and drained of the excess water and kept aside for further use.
- Take the rice in bowl and put curd, ginger, coriander, salt and mix it thoroughly.
- Take deep pan and put the oil for frying and as the oil get hot, put the ingredients mentioned in the for tempering list.
- Now add this temper to the curd/yogurt rice and mix it well. Now mix milk which will give creamy texture and keep the curd from curdling.
Serve Curd Rice with Mango Pickle or any pickle of your choice.
Curd is one of the good food for babies, since it is rich in vitamin so one can give curd with rice from 6th month itself or as prescribed by your pediatrician.
If you are prone to a cough and cold, it is advised to avoid eating curd, especially at night as it can cause Kapha.