The cream and butter used to make this sauce/gravy gives it the name “makhani”. It is a tomato-based sauce/gravy regularly utilized as a part of North Indian cooking styles. The sharp/sour taste of tomatoes is adjusted by the utilization of new cream.
Customarily butter and cream have been utilized to cook this fundamental sauce/gravy. Be that as it may, my formula/recipe isn’t exceptionally rich and a more beneficial form so have utilized cooking oil rather than butter.
- 1 ½ cup: Tomato Puree
- ¼ cup: Almond Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic and Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp: Chilli Powder
- 2 nos’: Cardamom
- 1 tsp: Garam Masala
- 1 tsp: Kasuri Methi
- 1 tsp: Coriander Powder
- ½ inch Ginger cut into Juliennes
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Cream/Yogurt
- 2 tbsp: Oil for Frying
- Take Medium Kadai, put the oil and heat it up, add tomato puree, then the almond paste and simmer for some time.
- Then add the dry masalas i.e., chilli powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, and Garam Masala let all masalas blend in.
- Add cardamom pods, kasuri methi, ginger juliennes, sugar and salt let it simmer and thicken for couple of sometime.
(At this stage the sauce can be solidified/frozen for later utilization. On the off chance that you are cooking anything with the sauce/gravy immediately, one can include the cream/yogurt and milk.)
- For smooth sauce one can blend the sauce in blender and blend it. After the sauce is done, proceed to cook whatever dish you have decided.
Just to give you heads up to the dishes can be made along with his sauce:
- Gobi Makhani
- Dal Makhani
- Paneer Butter Masala/Makhani
- Malai Kofta
“Or any Vegetable preparation which requires Makhani Sauce.”
- Rather than, thickeners, for example, ground nuts and Magag Ki Dhana which are regularly utilized, we have utilized ground almonds paste. They thicken the sauce as well as gives extra profundity of flavour, which will upgrade the overall essence of the dish.
- Almond paste is made by soaking the almonds overnight and then removing the skin and grinding them to thick paste.
- One can use Yogurt instead of cream, one thing to keep in mind is that it will change the taste to certain extent.
Have used it as gravy for Parsley Rice.