Andhra Kaaram Dosa | Karam Dosa | – Foodopium
The ever-versatile dosa in all its variations and myriad fillings is a meal by itself kaaram dosa is basically one of the incarnations of the dosa. A popular Andhra tiffin item, this dosa differs from the Mysore masala dosa, plain dosa, rava dosa in terms of the batter and its ingredient’s going into making batter. This is normally made from the dosa/idli batter, a couple of ingredients would make it different version of the dosa 😊….!
This dosa can be served along with tomato chutney or ever favourite coconut chutney or onion chutney. For individual chutney recipes please click on the link given.
- idli/dosa batter: ½ Kilo
- Ground Black Pepper: 1 ½ tsp
- Onion: 1 no (Finely Chopped)
- Rice Atta/Powder: ½ Cup
- Wheat Flour: 2 Tbsp.
- Coriander: Handful (Finely Chopped)
- Curry Leaves: 1 sprig (Finely Chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Put all the above-mentioned ingredient’s in a bowl with batter and mix it thoroughly.
- Now add water and bring to running consistency, the batter should resemble thick buttermilk consistency. If its too watery add some more rice atta/powder to adjust it. Leave it aside for 5 to 10 minutes to rest.
- Put the dosa tawa on gas stove and put it on heat. Spread / Pour the dosa batter on the tawa thinly so that it gets cooked evenly.
- One can see the crisp base formation, we can try lifting it up and then flip it over to the other side and cook it nicely.