Rava dosa – South Indian Breakfast | Foodopium
Rava dosa is another popular South Indian dosa variety. the best part of making instant rava dosa is that it does not require any fermentation and is very easy to make. rava stands for suji or semolina. hence this dosa is named after one of its main ingredient. along …
During my childhood days I never used to like rava dosa for some reason but as I grew up and have started to cook, have started to appreciate the taste and simplicity of the dish. This is my mother’s favourite dosa and mine too. Nowadays whenever I go to my parent’s place, Rava Dosa is they’re for sure on the breakfast menu. The below recipe is again from my mother treasure trove:
Preparation Time: 25 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 45 Mins
Serves: 3 to 4 People.
- Rice Atta/Powder: 2 Cups
- Suji Rava: 1 Cup (Roasted)
- Maida: ¼ Cup
- Mustard/Rai: 1 tsp
- Jeera: 1 tsp
- Sundried Curd Chilies (torn into pieces)
- Dry Chillies: 1 or 2 (torn to pieces)
- Curry Leaves: 1 Sprig
- Oil for frying
- Rock Salt as per taste
- Water to mix ingredients
- First take the items in under the ingredient’s and the salt in bowl and mix them thoroughly making sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Take tempering pan and put a 2 tsps. oil and heat it, once the oil is hot enough put the ingredients under the heading “To Temper/Vagar” and fry for a second or two.
- Add the tempering to the mixture in the bowl, and stir it nicely so it mixes nicely without any lumps. It should resemble thick buttermilk consistency. Leave it aside for 5 to 10 minutes to rest.
- Put the dosa tawa on gas stove and put it on heat. Spread / Pour the dosa batter on the tawa thinly so that it gets cooked evenly.
- One can see the crisp base formation, we can try lifting it up and then flip it over to the other side and cook it nicely.
- Now your rava dosa is ready to be served. It can be served along with nariyal/coconut chutney and filter coffee. It will be amazing combo…😊
Note: This dosa can be served along with tomato chutney or ever favourite coconut chutney or onion chutney. For individual chutney recipes please click on the link given
Enjoy Ur breakfast…………….!!!!!!