Stuffed Brinjal Curry/Kura
Below is a very popular dish which is prepared in Andhra Pradesh (Gutti Vankaya), have given twist of my own….to that…..! The color is largely depends on whether we dry roast it or not……..if we dry roast the masala it comes out in bit darker gravy and if we don’t it comes out as per the ingredients.
PREP TIME: 20 mins I COOK TIME: 35 mins I SERVES: 4
- Ground nuts – 1 handful
- Sesame Seeds – 2 tsps
- Coriander Seeds – 2 Tbl Spoons
- Channa Dal – 2 tsps
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbl Spoon
- Onion – 2 nos (Medium sized)
- Fresh Coconut Scrapped – 2 Tbl Spoon
- Clove – 1 nos
- Red chilies – 3 nos ( One Can use Badigye for color)
- Baby Brinjals – 250 Gms ( 6 to 7 Nos)
- Coriander Sprigs for Garnishing
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tbl Spoons
- Mustard – 2 tsps
- Jeera – 2 tsps
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Oil – 2 tsps
- Put all the above ingredients except for the brinjals, one onion and grind the rest of it together into coarse paste by adding a little water into it.
- Wash and cut brinjals with one end of the brinjal and the stalk leaving intact.
- Keep them immersed in salted water till you use.
- Take pan and put mustard, jeera and curry leaves in oil and let the mustard crackle put the onions and fry for while
- Then put the brinjals in and fry them till they are half done.
- Put the ground masala in and add some water and let the mixture simmer for a while till the water evaporates.
- Add the dry masala and allow the mixture to simmer till the raw smell of the masalas go away.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve, this dish can be served with chapattis / roti / white rice.
Enjoy this is one of my all time favorite dish, which my mom used to make.