Onion Chutney, Eragdala Chutney
Ulli kuram/Onion chutney recipe a rich and flavourful spicy tangy red coloured chutney recipe ideal for idlis, dosa and other South Indian breakfast. This preparation is prepared different from household to household and region to region, this preparation offers a moderate spice level and can be eaten with many of the breakfast items like all types of dosa, idli and paniyaram. I have had this chutney with stuffed paratha too….but its matter of personal choice again….!
Note: The best part is it can be stored in refrigerator for more than 2 to 3 months.
Serves: 3 to 4 | Preparations time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- Onions: 2 nos’
- Chillies/Chilli Powder 2tsp
- Tamarind Juice extract: 2 tbsp
- Jaggery: 1 tbsp
- Coconut Dry: ½ cup
- Rock salt as required
- Jeera 1tsp
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Channa Dal: 1 tsp
- Urad dal: 1 tsp
- Hing: 1 pinch
- Pulse all the above listed ingredients to fine paste.
- Take a deep pan and temper the items mentioned below “for tempering”.
- Then add the finely ground mixture and fry it till the raw smell goes.
- Let it cool and store it an air tight container and store for future use.
- Traditionally this chutney has been served with all kinds of dosas’, Idlis, all kinds of rotis and paniyaram till date.