Paneer Shaslik (innovative method of cooking)
Shashlik is originally a Russian dish. Paneer Shashlik is a famous Indian starter made with paneer and several vegetables. It’s a great one-dish or dish among the other party food options when thinking of menu. Grilled paneer, served with loads of vegetables, and tangy spicy sauce/ingredients, it can be enjoyed as a snack or as a main course dish too. It’s also one of
Perfect appetizer which not just want to crave for more but also leave you guilt free. specially for the weight watchers. Loaded with the goodness of cottage cheese and loads of vegetables, Paneer shashlik has two methods of preparation. Can be broiled in the oven or simply grill it in your grill pan on stove top. Have though of very innovative way used sandwich griller to make the shashlik 😊…! as shown in the pic.
The cooking process infuses the flavour’s inside each piece that leaves you on an amazing flavour ride with exotic aroma.
- Paneer: 250 gms (Nicely Cubed)
- Onion: 1 no (Cut into petals)
- Capsicum: 1 no (Chopped into small petals)
- Chili Powder: 1tsp
- Black Pepper: 1 ½ tsp
- Ginger & garlic Paste: 1 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1 ½ tsp
- Mixed Herbs: ½ tsp
- Vinegar (Plain): 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Shashlik skewers stick as required
- Make sure when cutting vegetables, they are big enough to be pierced into the shaslik stick.
- In a large glass bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together thoroughly.
- Instead of vinegar one can use curd and corn flour this gives a different taste.
- Coat marinade over the vegetables and paneer.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for ½ hr or 30 mins.
Set the oven to broil mode and broil at 250-degree C for 6-7 minutes, basting and turning the skewers every 2 minutes using mittens.
I have used sandwich griller here, switch on the griller, place the skewers on the grilled surface and grill them till done (approximately30 mins)
Finally, we can add some lemon juice and some chat masala to get the flavours up…… 😊 paneer shashlik can be served along with basmati rice/stand alone dish in any party or as of now its part of valentine meal prepared.
So, the whole meal can be served along with Wine and of course Ice cream to top it with.