Mushroom Single Pot Rice
Mushroom single pot rice
This Mushroom Rice is worthy of being a meal by itself! It’s packed with mushrooms and just rice. PLUS, the rice is stained with a gorgeous brown colour! This one is for mushroom lovers; my daughter is one. Have seen a lot of people who do not eat mushrooms for a lot of reasons.
This recipe is pretty straight forward no special skills required expect a bit of cooking skills, 😊…. Have used button mushrooms for this mushroom rice recipe.
There are a couple of things I think I do differently in this recipe: Stir through some browned mushrooms at the end – This is because the mushrooms which are cooked along with the rice tend to lose their caramelisation. Always the best flavour!
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 750 g mushrooms
- (500 Gms + 250 Gms)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Med sized onion , finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 1 Maggie Cube – Veg
- Water as required.
- Put the rice into a sieve, rinse under cold running water, then leave to drain. Like that soak it for a 30 mins or so.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole, I used Furtura Handi below have given the picture of it for your idea.
- Add the onion, then fry until softened, about 5 mins.
- Stir in the rosemary and mushrooms, then Sautee it nicely.
- Add the rice, stir to coat in the oil.
- Then add the mushrooms, I used Maggie veg cubes and some freshly ground pepper.
- Add water, I have put for I cup of rice ½ cup of water and bring to the boil, give it a stir, cover tightly with a lid
- See for water to completely evaporate and then see if the rice is cooked. If its done then switch it off and let rest for an hour or so.
- This process the rice is cooked in latent heat i.e. the heat within the handi and cool off.
- This can be served with Szechwan sauce or any other side accompaniment as you would like.
Below given is the picture of Handi I have used: