Pasta With Creamy Spinach & Soy Sauce
Pasta with Creamy Spinach and Soy Sauce is very easy recipe giving all the benefits of green leafy vegetables i.e. spinach and not compromising on the taste of the dish. This dish can be made and served in a jiffy that everyone loves!
Something I always love doing is cooking, hustle, and bustle of gathering plates, waiting for that smile on their face after tasting the first morsel of delicious food. Have been trying new food combinations in vegan food, as pasta has always been a dish which is liked in various forms, decided could try making the sauce out of spinach and soy milk. Have been using penne and fusilli pasta so decided to go with shell pasta for this pasta dish.
Vegan dishes always seem to be complicated and lots of ingredients are not easily available. But in this recipe have tried to use most of the ingredients which are available of the shelf and the best part is it’s very simple and easy to prepare the dish i.e. Pasta with Creamy Spinach and Soy Sauce.
Initially for this recipe thought would do baked dish but changed and instead made creamy spinach sauce for the pasta. In this dish, we are using tofu as the protein factor just torn up into rough pieces and toasted in oil before using it in the dish and also adding cashew and almond paste to give the sauce the base and the creamy texture.
One Can browse other Pasta Dishes:
- Pasta With Roasted Bell Pepper Carrot Pesto
- Easy Mushroom Cherry Tomatoes Basil Pesto Pasta
- Pasta in White Sauce
Pasta with Creamy Spinach and Soy Sauce
Nutritional Info: 559 KCal: 117 Cal Carbs,381 Cal Fat, 61 Cal Protein
- 3 Cups Shell Pasta
- 200 Gms Button Mushrooms Dices Vertically into thin slices
- 1 Med Onion finely diced
- 3 cloves Garlic finely diced
- ¾ Block Firm Tofu Full block is 450 gms, torn up into rough, pieces or cut into small cubes as you prefer.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Soymilk
- 1 Cup Spinach Here we have used chopped spinach
- ¼ Cup Cashew - Almond Paste Cashew and Almonds
- ½ Cup Reserved Pasta Water
- ¾ tsp Black Pepper Freshly Crushed
- ½ Tsp Chilli Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to Make Pasta with Creamy Spinach and Soy Sauce..............?
Start by cooking the Shell pasta with lightly salted water. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and strain the pasts once cooked to Al Dante (when it's cooked all the way it'll still have a nice Al Dante bite i.e. pasta should be bit undercooked).
Meanwhile, in a skillet/tawa cook onion in oil over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrance of the garlic goes away.
At this stage add in tofu and toss to coat in onion and garlic taste and its goodness and let it stir fry a bit. Cook until tofu starts to brown, then add chopped spinach and diced mushroom stir to mix thoroughly.
In another bowl, bring/whisk together cashew-almond paste, soy milk, salt, Chilli Flakes and Pepper until well combined. One should have a thick and creamy sauce.
Add this creamy sauce and the reserved pasta water to the tofu and cook till becomes a thick creamy sauce again. Adjust with soy milk if you find it a little thick.
Add the creamy spinach and soy sauce and the cooked pasta and stir it and cook for a while.
Enjoy with garlic bread or any plain bread......!
- Mushrooms tend to cook very fast so keep an eye on the mushroom, otherwise, they tend to become mushy.
- If one requires more gravy, increase the quantity of soymilk and cashew-almond paste.
- For instant thickness, one can add 1 to 2 tsp of Soy flour (optional).
4 thoughts on “Pasta With Creamy Spinach & Soy Sauce”
Thanks for Sharing….
Thanks and welcome !
yummy!will surely try it out I am a fan of pasta!