Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Probably you might have seen many roasted potatoes recipes by now, this recipe (Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes) or the method of baking potatoes is universal, simple, healthy and mostly tasty 😊, that’s one of the reasons as one cannot miss finding this recipe in any food blogger site I suppose.
Trying to revisit this simple recipe, the secret of making crunchy and succulently roasted potatoes is cut the potatoes of the chunks of the same sizes and have tried parboiling in salty water, which brakes down the surface and when its baked or deep-fried surface of the potatoes becomes crunchy and soft from inside. And also, it helps in reducing the time of baking or frying. Boiling in salty water helps inducing salt in the potatoes and helps in bringing out the seasoning used on the potatoes.
In roasted potatoes there are various combination of spices, just to name some are thyme, rosemary, parsley, ground pepper, red wine vinegar and many more. It totally depends upon one’s taste and the occasion. Till the time I cooked up a batch, which helped me to find the best method… and I arrived at a simple yet effective way of making roasted potatoes.
Had seen and tried once Jamie Oliver recipe of roasted baby potatoes, its bit more complicated so worked around and simplified the process to arrive at this recipe of tasty and healthy roasted garlic potatoes.
Let’s see how to make roasted garlic potatoes?
Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Nutritional Value: 167 Calories / Serving Fat 64 cal Carbs 92 cal Protein 11 cal
- ½ Kilo Potatoes Washed and cut into bite-sized quarters, with skin i.e. 500 gms
- 2 tbsp Oil have used soy oil
- 2 Garlic whole heads cloves separated but not peeled
- 3 tsp Pepper grounded
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- Water for parboiling potatoes
- Aluminium Foil/sheets for lining the baking tray
How to Make Roasted Garlic Potatoes ….?
Preheat the oven @ 200 o C, line the baking tray with aluminium foil and keep it aside.
Wash the potatoes (have used the normal potatoes one can use baby potatoes too) and cut them into bite-sized quarters with the skin and rinse them properly.
Bring a pot of water to boil add salt and add the cut potatoes, when the water starts to boil and stir the potatoes occasionally. Boil them for till they are parboiled and remove them and rinse them in cold water immediately and keep it aside.
Transfer the parboiled potatoes into the baking tray add the oil and the spices, garlic cloves mentioned above and toss the potatoes so they are coated evenly, and let them bake for 10 to 15 minutes and remove in between and toss them so they do not stick to the foil.
Once the potatoes turn golden and crispy, remove them serve immediately. Roasted Garlic Potatoes can be served alone or as a side dish.
Enjoy making Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes…!
- Have used a cast iron pan to roast potatoes, it gives very good results better than the aluminium tray. One can use a casserole tray also for this it works well.
- One can use parchment paper or baking silicone pad instead of the foil.
- Do keep checking in between when they are being roasted in the oven to avoid charring.
- If required sprinkle some oil when removed for tossing in between.
- Use fresh and unpeeled garlic pods so they don’t get burned in the roasting process.